Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesdays in His word

The past few days have been a bit tumultuous in my household.  This Mommy put her foot down and my little one no longer gets milk in a bottle or in her crib.  Needless to say, she is not very happy.  Bedtime used to be carefree and easy.  That has become a fleeting memory.  As I rocked her and sang a few songs last night, she snuggled in.  She clasped onto me as her safe haven.  When she realized that I wasn't, you could see her heart breaking.  The tears rolled, the feet stomped and the cries began.  I sat outside her room crying alongside of her.  I hurt for her.  While the cries echoed down the hall, I turned to His word.

Then I pray to you, OLord.
I say, “You are my place of refuge.
You are all I really want in life.

He is my refuge.  He is my comfort, my place of peace.  He is always there, not down the hallway, not even on the other side of the door.  He is with me.  He is my place of refuge.  When I am hurting or not understanding, He is there.  When any of us seek Him, we will find Him.  We are so blessed girls.  Only our Father can be a place of refuge.  As moms we desperately want to be there for our children, but we cannot compare to what Our God can be.  One day as my girl grows up she will come to know our Father, our Protector, our place of Comfort.  Seek Him and you will find Him.  Turn to Him and He will always be there. 

~Andrea W.   

No comments:

Post a Comment