Friday, August 12, 2011

It's Gouging Time

My tooth hurts.  It is causing me to have headaches, and jaw aches, and even aching under my eye.  The longer I let it go, the more it's spreading.  This morning as I was thinking about how I don't want to go to the dentist today, God helped me to focus on His truths in my life.  This tooth is just like sin.  If I don't take care of it when it's a small problem, it quickly becomes a big one.

Matthew 5:29 says, "If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.  It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.  And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away.  It is better for you to lose one part of your body than fo ryour whole body to go into hell."

Christ is making a blatant point here - TAKE CARE OF YOUR SIN before it takes care of you!  Ladies, the Word of God tells us that Satan is the father of lies.  He is so good at convincing me that my sin is small and harmless.  It's not a big deal to say this one thing about that other friend to this friend - after all, I'm concerned about her!  It's just fine to go see that movie - I'm a big girl and I know how to handle myself!  I'm just going to tell this one off-color joke - it will be good to make everyone laugh.  I know these things and many others like them have found their way into my head in the past but they are all LIES! 

If I don't gouge these things from my life, they will find me with a much bigger problem in the future.  I may miss some blessings from God, I may find myself in a huge sin, or I may find that my children are reaping what I've sown - they see how I act, after all!

Today I desire to be a woman just like 1 Peter describes - to have a life of such purity and reverence that I can win over unbelievers.  To shine that beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit - this is of great worth in God's sight!

Love to you, my dear Soul Sisters!
Kelly T

No comments:

Post a Comment