Monday, August 29, 2011

God's Timing Not Mine

I know the saying God's timing is best and have said it to myself and others on several occasions.  Lately it has been one that I have been repeating to myself maybe trying to convince myself it really is best.  We had our house on the market last year for several months with no bites and finally realized that God was telling us No, not yet.  So this summer we felt after time in prayer and discussions we would try again.  We listed it and hit the ground running.  We had several showings our first week and several people came through our Open House.  So, I began to get excited even though I was trying to hide it.  Surely we would have an offer soon with all those people coming through our house and only positive feedback.  To no avail we waited and waited with no word and the showings stopped.  This is when I began to start doubting whether or not we should just take it off once again.  After time in prayer asking God to show me if we should take it off or not, we had a lady that was going to meet with her lender to make an offer.  So, of course I got excited and wouldn't you know she disappeared.  Although I began to get frustrated I didn't feel the move to take the house off the market.  That's when it happened out of the "blue" last Monday we received an offer, I found a home on craig'slist that had dropped its price a substantial amount, there was an offer on the home but the realtor couldn't meet with the seller until the next day which gave us time to make an offer, our realtor was able to present the offer to the seller and Wed night our offer was accepted.  Now if you told that story to someone they might say what a coincidence, I just smile and say no God's timing!  I could never have created a more perfect time frame than He did and the only reason it worked was because of Him!  Now I know that we haven't signed papers and received the keys but I feel this home is where our family needs to be next.

Philippians 4:6 "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

Although I was anything but anxious for nothing I brought my requests to God time and time again.  I knew that His time was best and that He would provide far more than I could ever ask or imagine.  So, next time you are getting discouraged or frustrated with things not going quick enough or just the way you thought, remember God's timing is best and He will be faithful.  Take your requests to your Father in Heaven who can do far more than you could ever imagine!

~Missy D

No comments:

Post a Comment