Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesdays in His Word

This weekend my little family traveled to Arkadelphia, Arkansas so my husband could compete in a triathlon.  The race ended around 8:00 that night and we had already planned on traveling to Branson, Missouri to sleep.  So, I was the elected driver.  No problem!  Quickly into the journey I found myself sitting upright, two hands on the wheel rather tightly and my nerves became a mess!  The roads between point A and point B were nothing I had ever driven on.  They were twisty and turny and just plain awful!  Just when I thought I couldn't take any more, the rain began to fall, lightning crashing in front of us and thunder scaring me out of my whits.  Whew!  This was a four and a half hour drive and I was ready to give up within half an hour.  I kept telling myself, "you can do this", "take it slow", "take a deep breath".  And then the fog moved in.  Can't a girl catch a break???  I battled that road for quite some time before my husbands calm voice spoke up, "Andrea, turn your fog lights on, it will help."  What?  Fog lights?  Oh yeah, fog lights!  I definitely had an ah-ha moment in the middle of nowhere Arkansas.  Those fog lights made the remainder of the journey much easier.  My husband let me do it my way for a while before speaking up.  My way wasn't working! 

Sisters, we have fog lights to get us through this world and we don't use them!  God is a whisper or a cry away!  He gave us everything we need to get us there but we forget to use them!  We become so focused in on "our way" or on the journey that we forget to turn the fog lights on! Psalm 119:105, "Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path."  God lets us maneuver our way through this life, our way.  Time and time again, I hear Him calmly remind me to turn my fog lights on.  The question is, do you listen?   I guarantee you, after my frightening journey to no mans land, my fog lights are on!  Are your fog lights on Sisters?

~Andrea W.

No comments:

Post a Comment