Monday, August 8, 2011

The heart of a child

Since we have finished up Ephesians for the rest of the month we will be doing our own readings until we start a new study in September.  As I was trying to figure out what to share God gave me a moment with my son that went along with a scripture that one of my Soul Sisters shared and wanted to pass along.

This morning it began to rain (praise God) just before my mom was coming to pick up the boys.  As the boys looked outside and saw the rain falling Caleb, who is 4, said I'm going to pray that it stops before Memaw gets here so we don't get wet.  I tried to explain to him that we needed the rain, his response, "sorry it's too late I have already prayed 3 times."  Now although the rain didn't completely stop it did let up so they didn't get soaked as they walked to the car.

Now, I tried to explain to him that even if it didn't stop raining God still heard his prayer but told him how happy I was that he wanted to go to God with his concern.  My soul sister's verse this morning was from Mark 10:13-15 " 13 (A)And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. 14 But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, “Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; (B)for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15 Truly I say to you, (C)whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all.”

Oh to be like a child, to have a heart of a child that seeks God.  I thanked God for this "God-sighting" that He gave me today with my 4 yr old.  Let us seek God with our concerns, our praises and everything because He is our Father and wants us to seek Him!

Have a great week!
~Missy D

2 comments:

  1. What a precious heart Caleb already has. Praying we all can have the heart of a child and always turn to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! Sophie and I had a "God sighting" over that very same rain - PRAISE GOD! While we were watching out the window talking about all the good the rain does, Sophie said, "Dear God, thank you for bringing us the rain." I was so ashamed that I hadn't mentioned God first and so humbled that her heart went straight to him! The heart of a child is right, friend!!

    ReplyDelete