Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wednesdays in His word

If.  Such a tiny word that is packed full.  It's full of fear, doubt, worry, and on and on.
A few summers ago I did a summer Bible study.  We did a Beth Moore study on Esther and it was a powerful study for me.  She asked the question of "If"....and it forever changed me. 

So, i ask you.  If "this" happens, then...?
What is your "if"?  What causes your worry, your doubt, your fear?   Ask yourselves.  Fill in those scary blanks.  If I lose my job.  If my marriage falls apart.  If I get sick.  If I go broke.  If.  If.  If.  What is your if?  Now, ask yourself.  If......then what?  No matter what your question is, there is one answer.

THEN GOD.

If I lose my job, then God.
If my marriage fails, then God.
If I become Ill, then God.

Sisters, we allow the "ifs" in our lives to consume us.  We allow the fears and anxieties of the "ifs" to take our thoughts over when the outcome is always the same.  If the absolute worst happens in our lives....then God!  If the absolute best happens in our lives...then God!  If the mediocre happens...then God!  Our mighty and powerful Father is the answer, He is the constant.     

Matthew 6:33, 34,  Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.  So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

THEN GOD.

~Andrea W.

No comments:

Post a Comment