Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wednesdays in His Word

Last night my daughter (nearing 2 years old) and I were in Target shopping.  My incredibly sweet and adorable daughter decided to throw one of her very large and ugly temper tantrum.  Recently she has also decided that she enjoys swinging at mommy.  Unfortunately for her, when  she does that she also gets a good spanking and a talking to.  So as the screaming is commencing an employee of Target decided to join the party.  She looked at me incredibly concerned and asked if my daughter was alright.  I smiled and said "oh the terrible two's!"  I am not exaggerating when I say that she looked at me like I was being ridiculous and possibly abusive.  I was waiting for 911 to be called at any moment! 

What has this society come to?  I was raised in a time where a "switch" was always on top of the refrigerator (at my grandma's house), we had to choose which leather belt we wanted to be swat with and we truly feared our parents.  We had chores at home and had to actually save our money to purchase things we wanted.  Children have no chance anymore.  They are raised in a world where parents give them what they want and WHEN they want it!  Chores?  What are those?  The love that we have for our children has begun to smother them into rotten kids! 

Sisters, we have hope!  Our loving Father gave us instructions as parents.  Proverbs 13:24 reads, "Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children.  Those who love their children care enough to discipline them."  Toady's society wants us to believe that spanking or disciplining our child is abusive.  That way of thinking is why our society is in such distress!  We have children our of control, and they eventually grow up into adults out of control!

Children are a gift from God.  Cherish that child, love that child and guide that child Sisters!

~Andrea W.

No comments:

Post a Comment