Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesdays in His Word!

This last fall, my husband and I were blessed to build a home.  What a fascinating process.  I found myself driving out everyday to see what had been done!  There wasn't a handful of men that built our house, but countless numbers.  A group of men were hired to dig the hole, then a new group were brought in to pour the foundation.  Some that built the frame of the house, did the electrical, the plumbing, the sheetrock.  They were nearly a hundred men that had a hand in building our house. 

Each man specialized in something.  They were extremely gifted in their specific job.  I wouldn't want the plumber to lay the tile in my house, or the concrete pour-er to paint my walls.  Each had an important and vital role in building what is now a home.

Paul tells us that we each have been given special gifts as well.  Each of our gifts are unique and vital to building the body of Christ.  The "gift" I've been blessed with isn't the same as yours.  Trust me, you wouldn't want me standing from a pulpit.  And I'm sure that some of you would agree that the last place you should be is on a tiny little chair singing Bible songs with a three year old! 

The Lord knows what our gifts are because He gave them to us.  He has fully equipped us to serve the body of Christ.  Just as those who built my home, we are here to build His church!  Each with different roles, God has a plan for us!

~Andrea W.

This week's reading:
Mon-4:7-8
Tues-4:9-10
Wed-4:11-13
Thurs-4:14-16
Fri-4:17-20

1 comment:

  1. I like your parallel here. A good reminder that every job is important.

    ReplyDelete