Monday, June 27, 2011

Special Gift!

As a woman especially who doesn't like getting gifts?! This last weekend was my birthday and I was blessed to receive wonderful gifts from my friends and family. One of the best gifts this weekend was from my 13 yr old who sacrificed her sleeping in time to make me pancakes in bed. Now to a mom that was a very special gift, it was done on her own and although she had to sacrifie her extra sleep she wanted to do it for me.

In today's reading Paul tells us about a special gift, However, he has given each one of us a special gift through the generosity of Christ. That is why the Scriptures say,"When he ascended to the heights,  he led a crowd of captives  and gave gifts to his people." (Ephesians 4:7-8 NLT)

Christ gave us special gifts, first he set us free from eternal captivity and led us to eternal freedom by dying on the cross for our sins. He set us free! He also gave us the gift of the Holy Spirit so that He can dwell in us. Then he gave us other gifts for us to serve how He wants us to. He equips us with what we need to fulfill the ministry He has for us.

Now I don't know about you but when I receive a gift I feel special and loved by the one who gave the gift. Christ loves us and gave us a very special gift! We need to remember that when we are feeling down on ourself, Christ gave us special gifts, we are special to Him!

This week's reading:
Mon-4:7-8
Tues-4:9-10
Wed-4:11-13
Thurs-4:14-16
Fri-4:17-20

-Missy D

No comments:

Post a Comment