Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wednesdays in His word

When I was a little girl, I used to play "mommy" all the time. I always knew I wanted to be a mom. When my husband and I were expecting I was overjoyed. Quickly, the excitement turned into a real and true fear! What did I know about being a mom? What if she was choking or spitting up? How do I really get that teeny tiny outfit over her head without hurting her? Do I scrub us both down with anti-bacterial every time we leave the house? I soon realized just how under qualified I was to be a mom. It was too late to back out, she was on her way! What have I done?

And then, there she was. Pink, tiny and perfect. And the strangest thing happened, I was a mom, one that actually knew what to do. I was under qualified but fully equipped with what I needed in order to be this little ones mom.

In Ephesians, Paul called himself under qualified too. He called himself the least deserving and not qualified to reveal Gods plan for us. He had no background experience in spreading the message and yet God saw more in him.
“God saw to it that I was equipped. (Ephesians 3:8)

Just like Paul, God equipped me for the job. I was once the least qualified to be a mother and here I am. God saw to it that I was prepared as well. My perfect little pink tiny baby did spit up, did choke and had a few outfits smooshed over her head in the last year and a half. But verse 7 of Ephesians explains my journey fully, “It came as a sheer gift to me, a real surprise, God handling all the details.”
~Andrea W.
This Week:
Mon - 3:4-6
Tues - 3:7-9
Wed - 3:10-11
Thurs - 3:12-13
Fri - 3:14-16

2 comments:

  1. Great reminder that God equips us with what we need! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FULLY equipped! Love it. Need to remember that always!

    ReplyDelete