Monday, June 20, 2011

Strength

Im not a very strong person and just by looking at me you can tell. I have skinny arms, skinny legs, and I don't work out. My physical strength is weak. Now there is also my spiritual strength which you can't see by just looking at me. I will be completely honest and say that my spiritual strength is not where I would like it but I am working on it. The best thing is though I don't have to rely on my strength. In today's readin it says 3:17-18 "Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God's love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is." As we know God at a deeper level by reading His word and experiencing His love we will begin to trust Him more. As we trust Him more our roots will grow deep in His love and we will be made strong. Our strength will be from Him, our roots will be in His love. When we trust Him and our roots grow deep within His love He will show us how deep, high, wide and long His love is. I know that my strength will come from Him if I allow myself to grow in Him, He will be my strength. I don't know about you but I want to be like Psalm 1:3 "He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,
Which yields its fruit in its season
And its leaf does not wither;
And in whatever he does, he prospers." Trees planted firmly by streams of water are strong. Their roots are deep and strong because they are continually being fed by the source. When we allow ourselves to grow in God our roots will become strong in His love and we will be able to show others His great love.

This week's reading:
Mon-3:17-18
Tues-3:19
Wed-3:20-21
Thurs-4:1-3
Fri-4:4-6

-Missy D

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Missy! How inspiring it always is to me to think of being "deeply rooted." I fear that my roots often don't run deep enough when I get too "busy," things are tough, or I'm being selfish. Thanks for the great reminder to let those roots sink deep. Another thought along those lines is how we, as mommies, can help our children's roots become deep and firm. RIGHT NOW is when we need to be giving our children that foundation. It is true of trees and children that the sooner they can take root, the greater the strength and fortitude of those roots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said that having deep roots necessitates a continual feeding from the source. And oh... how that quenches the soul's thirst!!

    ReplyDelete