Monday, June 6, 2011

Near to Him

People in general like being near to someone. They like knowing someone and having a close relationship with that person. In our world today we have movie stars, athletes, the President and even kings and queens in other countries but unless you are a part of the "in" crowd you will never be near them or have a close relationship with them. We serve a different King though that is not of this world! Ephesians 2:13 says, "But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ."

We have been brought near to Him and you know what the best part is to me, it's not because of what I did but through His blood that we are united with Christ. No matter how cool I try to be or try to be a part of the "in" crowd that doesn't matter. We serve a mighty King that is approachable for everyone. We were once far away like the crowds at a concert but then His son gave His life, shed His blood and brought us all near to Him.

I don't know about you but I am glad I serve our Lord who reigns in heaven and not the kings of this world. He loves us so much He wanted us to be united with His son that He made the ultimate sacrifice!

Reading Schedule:
Mon - 2:13
Tues - 2:14-16
Wed - 2:17-20
Thurs - 2:21-22
Fri - 3:1-3

-Missy D

1 comment:

  1. I never was a cool kid. Glad I can be near to Christ anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete