Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesdays in His word

I was raised by the hand of an incredibly loving mother.  So many times when I struggle as a new mom, I stop and think to myself how my mother would have handled a particular situation.  She was loving, kind, fun and most of all, she was full of mercy for me.   As I grew up, our relationship strengthened and became a beautiful friendship.  I would definitely consider her the best friend I ever had.  But as I became an "adult" I developed an attitude.  I thought I knew better.  I was short with her and sometimes disrespectful.  She took all of my words with stride.  I have no doubt that they cut her to the bone but she never showed those emotions.   I lost my mother eight years ago and to this day, I consider those actions my one regret in life.  My point is, that even in those times of me being hard on my mom, she was full of love and mercy.  Her love for me never changed. 

I know that so many people don't have the same kind of mom.  They weren't raised in a home that showed so much love and grace. But each of us do have that, except we have it tenfold.  According to verse 4 of Ephesians, our God is so rich in mercy, he loved us even when we were dead because of our sins!  He raised us from the dead with Christ!  No matter what horrible and unmentionable things we have done in this world, He still loves us and is FULL of mercy!  These words are full of hope.  Full of love.  He loves us so much that we are alive in Him and have a place in heaven waiting on us!  Just as my mother loved me no matter what, Our Father does too.  Ephesians 5, "He gave us life."

~Andrea W.

2 comments:

  1. You were blessed with a great mother and we were all blessed by her presence in our lives. So thankful that I got to know her a little bit. How can we even comprehend the love of God when our only comparison is the sad imitation of human love...even that of a mother for her child. It is incomprehensible to me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete