Friday, July 29, 2011

Stand

"Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand." Eph 6:13

A good Christian woman, trying to live like Christ demands, must wear armor.  I hope you have some - does your armor look like this one?  Mine is pink and sparkly.  God did make me a princess, after all.  But there is one way my armor resembles this one.  It covers all of me!  When I wake up in the morning and put on my armor, I must be sure that I wear every piece of it.  God's word tells me to put on the FULL armor! 

*Sigh* I must admit... even as I'm writing this I've forgotten to bring my sword of the Spirit with me.  A 4-year-old girl who was supposed to be cleaning her room, was instead making more mess... and I did not show her an example of a gentle and quiet woman of God.

It brings me to the ground in sorrow and frustration when I forget to wear part of my armor.  That leaves me vulnerable to the enemy, unprepared for the next attack.  And then the weakness is discovered, and Satan finds me sinking lower and lower, less able to stand up to him.

I want to STAND!  I want to stand in readiness.  I want to stand in strength.  I want to fight so well that when all is done, and I don't think I could possibly stand one more moment for the extreme fatigue coursing through every muscle in my body, I still stand.  Because HE makes me stand.  His Word makes me stand.  I just have to choose to wear His full armor!!  Pink and sparkly, ladies.

-Kelly T

1 comment:

  1. Oh I agree! I want to stand so incredibly firm and strongly that I am exhausted after it all! Love it!

    ReplyDelete