Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesdays in His word


With the scorching temperatures, I have been dreaming of Autumn. I love that time of year.  I also love Halloween.  I love the ghosts and goblins, and most of all the haunted houses.  We have a love/hate relationship.  I love being scared and screaming but hate it at the same time.  The darkness that surrounds you.  The unseen noises that creep around you.  The tall frightening ghouls that linger in the dark. 

A few years ago I helped work a haunted house.  We toured during the day so we could have a good lay of the land.  We were able to see the goblins hiding places, the sweet old men that wore the scary mask and the levers that blew air at you to send you into panic mode.  So as night fell on that haunted house, the spooks weren't quite as spooky anymore.  The illusion of the haunting wasn't so haunting anymore.  The light exposed the mysteries.

Sisters, we are living in somewhat of a haunted house.  When we lived in the darkness, the ghouls were frightening.  Our surroundings caused fear and disillusionment of reality.  Once we become alive in Christ, we are surrounded by light! 

Ephesians 5 describes it perfectly, "For once you were full of darkness, but now you have light from the Lord. So live as people of light!  For this light within you produces only what is good and right and true.".

We no longer have to stumble around in the dark!  We no longer live full of darkness.  No more creepiness from the shadows.  No more mysteries.  No more fear.  Live in the light sisters!  Seek Him in every moment of every day and you will never be in the darkness again!

~Andrea W. 

This week's reading
M-5:3-5
T-5:6-8
W-5:9-11
Th-5:12-14
F-5:15-17

3 comments:

  1. This is a great parallel. Thanks, but I still hate haunted houses. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now reading this - fabulous post, Andrea! I love the parallel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAAAAATTTEEEEE haunted houses!!! It is a great parallel for me to think that when I choose to not live in the light, I'm living in that type of environment. CREEPS ME OUT! Definitely one that hits home for me! Thanks for bringing it to light! HA! :)

    ReplyDelete