Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesdays in His word

Last night I was laying in bed holding a flashlight while my husband performed surgery on himself.  Alright, that's a tad dramatic, but he did have needle in hand attempting to remove a deep splinter.  Under bright lights I got a good look at his hands.  They were covered in callouses, small cuts and of course a splinter.  His hands show a lot of work.  From hard yard work, to mundane tasks around the house, and the daily work of being a police officer.  They aren't perfect hands or even soft to touch, but they are what I call, manly hands.  They are honest, hard working, giving and loving hands.  

My husband has Ephesians 4:28 hands....Paul tells us if we are a thief, quit stealing.  Instead, use your hands for good hard work, and then give generously to others in need."

He has chosen to not have perfect manicured hands.  He has chosen to be a worker.  He has chosen to get up every day, even when he doesn't want to, and give everything he has to that day.  I am blessed to be married to a man with Ephesians hands.  What do your hands look like sisters?

~Andrea W.

This week's reading:
Mon-4:21-24
Tues-4:25-27
Wed-4:28-29
Thurs-4:30-32
Fri-5:1-2

1 comment:

  1. LOL, my first thought with that verse was, "Jeff has the hands of a thief?" :) Good post.

    ReplyDelete