Monday, May 23, 2011

Known For

Today's verses out of the Message are 15 & 16 "That's why, when I heard of the solid trust you have in the Master Jesus and your outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus, I couldn't stop thanking God for you - every time I prayed, I'd think of you and give thanks."

What stuck out to me today was "solid trust you have in the Master Jesus", solid!  I looked up the definition of solid and these were the two definitions I really liked, "of a substantial character; not superficial, trifling, or frivolous" also "without separation or division; continuous".  Paul was writing to the believers in Ephesus and he knew that they had a solid trust, not superficial, trifling or divided but solid trust in our Master Jesus Christ.  Wow what a compliment to be known for your solid trust in your Master.  Not only were they solid in their trust of who Jesus was but they lived a life of Jesus since they were also known for their outpouring of love to all the followers of Jesus. 

So, my question to you is what are you known for?  What do others in the body and outside of the body know you for.  Do they know you are a believer who has a solid trust in Jesus Christ?  I pray that digging deeper in the Word daily will catapult your relationship with Christ to the next step which will get you to the point where Soul Sisters will be known as having a solid trust in our Master Jesus Christ. 


Ephesians reading this week:
Mon - 1:15-16
Tues - 1:17
Wed - 1:18
Thurs - 1:19-21
Fri - 1:22-23
Dig deep Soul Sisters!
~Missy D

No comments:

Post a Comment