Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Significantly Called

Have you ever felt insignificant?  A wall flower, the girl that goes unnoticed or never invited to the party?  I have.  I could easily say that I have felt insignificant for most of my life.  I've never done anything big.  Never changed someone elses life in dramatic ways.  Never felt significant.

I love that today's study is just for me, an insignificant girl living in Kansas in a very ordinary life.    Mary, Esther, Rahab, Peter and even Jonah weren't anything special in this world.  But in a moment it all changed.  Each of them stood at a crossroads.  One road lead to their planned path and the other was a divine intervention.  Each man or woman had a choice to be independent or dependent on God.  Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that another book could have been written on those people that chose their own paths.  The ones that remained insignificant.

"God's call and your willingness to obey make you significant."

There is hope for me, and for you!  I may be living an ordinary, non-significant life today, but that can all change.  "Lord, not my will but Yours be done."  Sisters, eagerly await Him.  We have a chance to let our stories begin, the story that will be told well beyond our lives.  We have a chance to become significant!   


~Andrea W. 

No comments:

Post a Comment