Monday, September 12, 2011

Jonah on the run...

Jonah was trying to run as far as he possibly could to get away from God. Now this might seem silly to us because we know that God is everywhere, we can't run from Him, but if we are honest with ourselves sometimes we still try. How many of you are internally running as Priscilla mentions? I know I have on more than one occasion. How many times do I get caught up in the motions but my heart is far from God? Isaiah 29:13 says, "Then the Lord said, 'because this people draw near with their words and honor Me with their lip service, but they remove their hearts from Me, and their reverence for Me consists of tradition learned by rote.'"

I don't want to be like that. As our culture says, I want to not only talk the talk but walk the walk. God doesn't want robots going through the motions, He wants our hearts! So sisters are you willing to do more than just go through the motions?

-Missy D

No comments:

Post a Comment